The content posted in the blog is preferred for Windows users. Printer devices usually get confronted by this type of problem every now and then. It is no wonder that you brand new HP printer has stopped printing or scanning all of sudden.
The solution to this problem also depends on the type of connection has been used to configure HP printer. This problem in HP printers can have many aspects along with various methods to resolve.
HP printer connected via USB cable
- Unplug USB cable from computer as well printer
- Unplug power cord from rear of printer as well as power socket
- Now press Windows + R keys on computer keyboard
- Type Appwiz.cpl in Run windows and press OK
- The prompted screen will show the list of installed applications
- Look for installed HP printer applications
- Remove all HP printer related applications one by one and reboot the computer
- Open https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and type HP printer model number to download the latest driver package
- Install the full package drivers for your HP printer
- During the installation choose connection type to USB Wired
- Now plug the power cord back in to the printer and turn it ON
- Also, connect the USB wire in the HP printer and computer too
- Let the computer detect your connected printer
- Press Next to finalize the printer setup and print a test page.
It is not done yet in exceptional cases, users may experience additional issues during or after the installation of HP printer, wherein we suggest them to contact HP printer toll-free number for support.
HP printer connected via Wi-Fi network
- Eject power cord from the printer and the wall socket too while it is ON
- Leave the printer OFF for couple of minutes and proceed with further troubleshooting
- Update new password or router settings if recently updated
- Turn the internet router OFF and turn it back ON after 20 seconds
- Now connect power cord back into printer and socket
- When printer is back to normal, check if the blue light of wireless is solid (if blinking, then contact HP support phone number for advance assistance from experts or read user’s guide for your printer.)
- Now try to print a test page from computer to testify the connection.
You always have exceptions in the name of technical issues and their causes, therefore users are provided HP customer service number for online assistance in case of any emergency. There are more solutions available online to such issues that could require similar solutions.